The basic Coronavirus definition is its a group of viruses that can root to illness-causing respiratory disorders, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). In 2019 an outbreak of diseases in china is termed as a new type of Coronavirus, termed as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and is called Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
How Coronavirus Spreads?
- Coronavirus transmission is caused by person-to-person contact mainly i.e in close contact with an infected person or through respiratory droplets from the air which spread through coughing or sneezing from an infected person.
- It may also spread through infected or contaminated surfaces like a thing or place touched by COVID-19 patients.
Right Now Coronavirus Outbreak Is Declared Pandemic And Its Symptoms Are As Follows:
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
In Severe Cases, It Can Cause:
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- Kidney failure and even death.
Steps / Precautions To Protect Yourself:
Clean/Sanitize Hands Regularly:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or use hand sanitizer regularly after visiting crowded places, or after sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose.
- Try to prevent yourself from touching sensitive organs without cleaning hands.
- if you have no sanitizer or specific soap to wash hands then use any product which contains a good amount of alcohol in it to wash hands.
No Close Contact:
- Avoid going near to people who are infected
- Try to meet/greet people from a safe distance if your community is affected by the COVID-19.
Steps/Precautions To Protect Others:
Stay at home:
- If you are sick or infected by the viral COVID-19 try to stay at home unless it is very necessary to go out i.e medical support.
- While sneezing or coughing try to cover your face with the inner side of your elbow or a piece of tissue/cloth.
- Dispose of the cloth/tissue properly
- Clean your hands immediately.
Use face Mask:
- You should wear a face mask 24/7 if you are infected by COVID-19.
- Also wear a face mask if your community is affected by COVID-19.
- Also, try not to waste face masks because there will be a shortage of masks considering the outbreak.
- Try to sterilize or clean everything which you use on a daily bases like tables, households, phones and etc.
If you are infected by COVID-19 try to limit yourself from going near to other family members or animals in the house or outside.
People On A Higher Risk To Get Affected:
- People of old age are most likely to get affected by COVID-19 although people of any age who have a weak immune system due to some previous disease are also the likable victims of COVID-19
- Pregnant women, children, and people with no shelter are also on risk to be affected by COVID-19
The Death Toll And Mortality Rate Caused By Coronavirus:
- Initially, the Coronavirus death rate is estimated at 1-2% but as of March 3, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported that the Coronavirus death rate rises to 3.4% approximately.
- So far it is estimated that over 4500 deaths are reported due to COVID-19 following coronavirus live update.
Travel Guidance Considering The Outbreak:
- Try to avoid unnecessary traveling during the outbreak.
- Try to avoid traveling to areas which are mostly affected by COVID-19
- If you have traveled back from a COVID-19 affected area go to a doctor for a complete checkup to avoid any infection.
- If some symptoms are happening to you after traveling try to avoid meeting other people and inform your doctor on phone about your condition.
Try to avoid crowded places and follow prevention steps for the sake of your and your loved one’s health.